Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Discounted motion of virtual camera in Unity 2017.3 when moving Rift CV1

woods.van.ranxiwoods.van.ranxi Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited July 2018 in Unity Development
Hi, I'm using the Rift CV1 to build a flight simulation game based on Unity 2017.3. But a problem haunts me for a long time, that I move my headset 1 meter forward while the camera in the unity scene only move around 0.3 meter, how to scale the positional tracking to match the motion of camera in unity to the motion in real world?
The Oculus SDK in my unity project is 1.18.1

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

The Unity documentation on Camera setup for VR is helpful for this:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/VROverview.html

Understanding the camera

The Camera Transform is overridden with the head-tracked pose. To move or rotate the Camera, attach it as a child of another GameObject. This makes it so that all Transform changes to the parent of the Camera affect the Camera itself. This also applies to moving or rotating the camera using a script.

• woods.van.ranxiwoods.van.ranxi Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Oh, Great !
    Amplifying the motion of VR camera through changing the transform of its parent solves my issue perfectly. Thanks!
    I thought there was some parameters that control the extent of motion.