Honored Guest
I tried to use the Oculus CameraTool.exe as specified in the
instructions here
https://support.oculus.com/guides/rift/latest/concepts/mr-camera/ with
an SLR camera hooked in to an Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro PCI-E HDMI
capture card.

In the camera calibration step I
press the calibrate camera button and it lists the input in the next
screen as "Game Capture HD60 Pro (Video) (#01)" and then I press next.
The
problem is that in the screen after that. It shows an error: "can not
find camera vid pid. Please close this tool and trouble-shoot your
camera."

Has anyone had luck with the calibration tool in a similar setup?

In
the assets fold there is an xml file called "in_VID5.xml". In that file
you can set an input. Could I somehow fix this if I knew the input ID
in the right format?

5 REPLIES 5

Iniq
Honored Guest
I am receiving this error when attempting to connect to the virtual camera supplied by OBS VirtualCam plugin. I am using Kinect v2, and video is mirrored on x from a traditional camera which makes calibration nearly impossible using the tool. In addition, I am running a virtual greenscreen with the depth data to cut out background and I'd like to deliver the post-greenscreen footage to the oculus runtime for direct compositing. As it stands I have to jump through hoops of video mirroring to even get the virtual static camera calibrated, and direct compositing is fully out because the camera feed is mirrored on the x axis in the raw feed.

Edit: Behavior is the same when using the ManyCam virtual camera driver

Anonymous
Not applicable
any luck? having the same problem

Kantorus
Explorer
I'd like to use my iphone 11 as the camera souce, it is completly visibly in the obs Studio with either 'EpocCam' or 'e2eSoft iVCam' but I can not use OVRCameraCalibration as I get the VID PID error to. Is there a solution to this please.

doudoid
Protege
+1, It looks like the Oculus team used OpenCV, which uses videoinput from Theodore Watson. Don't know where the lack if device identification is but that's from one of these frameworks

doudoid
Protege
The only workaround I found for now is calibrating with a regular webcam, and then in OBS using the final cam at the exact same spot than the webcam and fine tuning the xml to match the camera's FOV.

UPDATE : Ended up with the logitech BRIO, which works fine with the calibration tool in FullHD resolution.
BUT, you can use the OBS chromakey with a 4K resolution @30fps, and then resize it to FullHD to match the mixed reality OBS scene.