New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Unity crashing when importing Oculus Integration

kar0nth3kar0nth3 Posts: 5
NerveGear
Hi guys, 
I have a huge problem since yesterday morning: every time I import the Oculus Utilities package and restart Unity, the editor crashes on startup.

I have other PCs here and the same procedure works without any problem.
Nothing I tried on my PC worked. I even formatted it. I've been doing this procedure on this PC for months and this never happened.

Windows 10 + unity 2018.2.0f2 or 2017.4.7f1, same behaviour.

opening the error log I always find the same lines:

KERNELBASE.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module KERNELBASE.dll at 0033:1fbfa388.

you will find a copy of a super minimal project, the error log and the dump on:
https://nofile.io/f/OYSxnxv3nA7/OCULUS_CRASH_PROJECT.zip

Steps i did in this project: new Project, imported the Utilities, restart. After that I only get crashes.

Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,202 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

I was able to import the 1.27 oculus utilities from our downloads area on the dev site with Unity 2018.1.8f1 and save the project, restart it in Unity and proceed as normal. Your computer may have a hardware issue that is causing this problem.

Please see the working attached sample project I made and check and advise on its functionality on your end.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbar24rj0bm105k/unity 1.27 OU crash test.rar?dl=0

Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • kar0nth3kar0nth3 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Thank you imperativity, I will try and let you know.
  • pierre.nayagampierre.nayagam Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited September 2
    update 
     the version on unity store is never the latest , the version on  this dev site seems to work now.
    ........................................................................................................................................................
    any news on this ?  Oculus integration is causing all versions of  unity 2018  including the latest  2018.2.6 to crash during start up once i have included the installer in a new project.