Avatar and 3D model in Unity — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

I'm trying to add 3D model from OBJ file to Unity. I've looked at grabable example from Sample Framework with custom distance grab hands and would like to grab my 3D models with the Avatar hands.
 Is there any example how to interact between Avatar hands and 3D model ( or custom object ) in Unity ?  In Sample they demonstrate grab examples with cubes.
Also can anyone recommend any package to display moving/jumping 3D models in Unity for Oculus Rift ?

Thank you,

Alex

Answers

• fletcher.stgermainfletcher.stgermain Posts: 5 Oculus Start Member
    If I understand correctly, the process should be the same. Add the ovr grabbable component and apply it to the 3d object. make sure that the 3d object has a rigidbody and also has a collider set as a trigger.
  • alexvilchalexvilch Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    I've tried this, for example I'm able to add the cube which I could do distance grab for but the same Rigidbody and Distance Grab script attached to 3D model not working.

Please see Unity Inspector Screenshot: first "Cube" can be grabable, second one "house" does not react on any interactions.

What am I doing wrong ?
    Also is there any way to animate the model like force it moving/jumping ? I thought Unity must have some scripts for this or I need to create the Animation manually ?

Thank you,

Alex
    sc1.docx 765.5K
  • alexvilchalexvilch Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    I've made some progress on this:

They are suggesting using Mesh Collider for 3D object. When I used Box Collider and manually expanded the boundaries it's working. But when I add Mesh Collider I can not grab it even I check Is Trigger after I check Convex.

Alex