Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Making UnityWebRequest in C# script works on Rift but not on Go

Chawker21Chawker21 Posts: 4
NerveGear
I have a Unity App that I am building where I make a web request to retrieve textures from a server.  I use UnityWebRequest and I have everything working in the development project where I am testing it with oculus Rift.  I have included a progress bar when it makes the request so I can see that it is doing something but when I download the APK to oculus go and make the request it does nothing, it doesnt get past the UnityWebRequest because the progress bar canvas never appears.  I do not know how I can debug the issue, I have no error that I know of, it just seems to never move forward in the script.  Any Ideas on what I can do?

Comments

• TonyTheGeekTonyTheGeek Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Have you requested internet permission in the apk? 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Moving to developer forum.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Chawker21Chawker21 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the Suggestion TonyTheGeek, After looking in the AndroidManifest It shows that access is given for INTERNET.  It was automatically generated by unity, If somehow this was an issue I think it would ask me for permission in the app, I know when I first install it it asks me to allow the microphone to be used.  Thanks again for your suggestion though, I did not know about the manifest and it may help me in the future now that I am aware of it.
    NerveGear
    Another question, is there any kind of log that I can retrieve from the oculus Go that may have errors or warnings from the App?
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    @Chawker21

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

Please ask any and all technical questions regarding the development process on the Oculus platform here.

For obtaining log files from your device, please see the documentation on adb logcat gathering here:

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/mobile-adb/#mobile-android-debug-intro

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/mobilesdk/latest/concepts/mobile-logcat/#mobile-logcat

Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
    NerveGear
    @imperativity thanks, that information is very useful.  I will see if I can track down my issue with it.
  • DanielOS96_SentirealDanielOS96_Sentireal Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Did you get this working? Im trying to do a simaler thing? And my doofer also says ONLINE allowed.