Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Achievement not logged from development build

SxKxSxKx Posts: 142 Oculus Start Member
edited July 31 in Unity Development
I´m adding achievements for my game and on a build on OculusGo it doesn´t seem to log achievement yet to dev panel.
Is there some condition to be met to try it out on a build. I already have platformSDK running in the back fetching player name.

here´s the code that unlocks:

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using Oculus.Platform;
using Oculus.Platform.Models;

public class Unlocker : MonoBehaviour {

public string id;
    // Use this for initialization
    void Start () {

Oculus.Platform.Achievements.Unlock(id);
    }

}

Any idea?

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

You have followed all of the setup instructions here, right?

This may be helpful to diagnose what issue you are encountering:

Checking Errors

Sometimes things go wrong and you'll want to know what happened. Checking the error code and message can provide insight to what happened. Some errors have an accompanying message that you can display to your users if the error results from their actions.

To check for an error:

1. With every request you make to the Oculus Platform, check to see if the message is an error by calling Platform.Message.IsError().
    2. If the message is an error, then call Platform.Message.GetError() to retrieve the error object.

• SxKxSxKx Posts: 142 Oculus Start Member
    I was aiming to use the default client option, not serve to server. Shouldn´t it be pretty straightforward to just unlock achiements and then display own custom graphics ingame..  BTW does unlocking require build to be release version etc?  Gotta say I´m not much of a coder that´s why I´m asking.  I´ll get back to the issue next week and ask if there´s anything to ask if it doesn´t see mto sort out.
  • Thunderbox.EntThunderbox.Ent Posts: 30 Oculus Start Member
    edited November 22
    Hi, @SxKx!
    Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am seeing the exact same thing.
    My achievements appear to unlock OK in the Android Log Cat...
    11-22 15:09:41.475: I/OVRPlatform(23101): [HttpRequest] Request `me/achievements' (id: 147) succeeded: {"id":"2155390394480778","api_name":"MetricSystem","just_unlocked":true}
    ...but when I look in my developer dash, it says Total Unlocks = 0.
    :neutral:
  • SxKxSxKx Posts: 142 Oculus Start Member
    Unfortunately haven´t worked on these features since. Would be good to know if there was limitations, although now with a released build I´d be able to make some test in log in etc. to reward users...
  • Thunderbox.EntThunderbox.Ent Posts: 30 Oculus Start Member
    Ah... I see that the dash has updated after a few days.
    But there was no pop-up... and achievements don't seem to have any kind of UI presence in Oculus Home on mobile. They are freakin' hard to find in Oculus Home on Rift. Maybe Oculus are still working on this feature as it seems a little... obfuscated. I will investigate!
    :D