Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

vr.PixelDensity 2 - distorting the view

zsmbvzsmbv Posts: 24
Brain Burst
Hello, I made an application for GearVR, I have jsut switched to S9 from S8, hoping to get a little better performance, evertything works great but I have one critical issue with vr.PixelDensity, whatever I put any number, it's distorting the image and stretching it.

Can you please have a look why it is happening, it's the same issue on both phones S8, S9, Android Orio 8.0

Tagged:

Comments

• zsmbvzsmbv Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    I found Epic Wiki about VR commands and there are some new commands I did not know:

vr.oculus.PixelDensity  - is it going to work with GearVR? I run custom github engine from Oculus Github.

Brain Burst
    Neither of these settings are affecting the application on UE4.19 1.27 Oculus UE:
    Please help! No AA, no resolution imporvements! Why?
    Brain Burst
    Please fix it! The quality of the app in GearVR Samsung S9 is not that great without denser resolution!
    Brain Burst
    Has it been fixed yet? Just curious, because I going to get the project with GearVR soon
  • prokshitprokshit Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    You can try updating them in the device profiles and see if that makes a difference.
    Brain Burst
    This is what worked for me in DefaultEngine.ini inside project folder:

vr.PixelDensity=1.4
    r.DynamicRes.OperationMode=2
    r.DynamicRes.MinScreenPercentage=140
    r.DynamicRes.MaxScreenPercentage=140

Thanks God I did it :D only works in 4.21, 4.20 and 4.19 could not make it work.