Multiple OVRCameraRigs — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Multiple OVRCameraRigs

jamesjblahajamesjblaha Posts: 1
NerveGear
I have a Scene with 3 objects, each of which contains a bunch of stuff and it's own camera. Originally I just had 3 cameras, no OVR scripts on them, and when I turn far enough I disable one of the objects and enable another one, so when you turn past a certain point it switches scenes. This was all working fine until I wanted to add Touch controls.

I added OVRManager to an object that is always on, and each camera got an OVRCameraRig. If they each have their own TrackingSpace, or if I move the TrackingSpace on switch, the forward direction of the controllers is off by 120 degrees (the amount I rotated). I want to either totally reset the tracking when I switch, or move over my TrackingSpace and reset the forward direction to line it up with the new camera. I've gotten pretty close, by moving the tracking space and then disabling/enabling OVRManager with ResetTrackerOnLoad checked. The controllers work, they are in roughly the right place, but they move along with my head when they shouldn't.

Is there a better way to do this that still let's me keep the separate cameras? The cameras all have different scripts/settings etc. so I don't want to use a single one if I can avoid it.
Tagged: