Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Create store compatible android manifest errors.

jonnystrong1jonnystrong1 Posts: 18
NerveGear
Hey guys
When I build my apk file without creating the required manifest file, it builds beautifully.

But the oculus store won't accept my build. 

So I follow all the instructions to a T and no matter what i  do unity will not build my apk when I create the custom android manifest because of errors building gradle project. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Comments

• jonnystrong1jonnystrong1 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    SOLVED!!!!

if anyone has this issue PM me and i can send you the working android manifest.
  • cly3dcly3d Posts: 69 Oculus Start Member
    Would be great if you could post it here, instead of a PM. or, don't post it (considering you might have spent your own time troubleshooting it) but what would help is some tips on how you overcame the error issues.

I'm having this error when trying to create an Oculus store compliant manifest via Unity 2018.3 via Gradle/
    "@allowBackup = false in audio360-exo:28 collides with another value"

I suspect I could fix it by altering the Oculus created manifest in the unity->Assets->Plugins->Android folder to have a value of "true" for allow backups, but haven't tried it yet.

• monigarrmonigarr Posts: 39 Oculus Start Member
    Unity > Oculus > Tools > Create Store compatible androidmanifest file >  
    your androidmanifest file will appear in Plugins / Android 
    Then build your project for the store build. 

Example of the generic androidmanifest.xml file created in Unity:   

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?><manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"    android:installLocation="auto">  <application      android:allowBackup="true">    <activity        android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"        android:configChanges="locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|mcc|mnc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|touchscreen|uiMode"        android:launchMode="singleTask"        android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity"        android:excludeFromRecents="true">      <intent-filter>        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>        <category android:name="android.intent.category.INFO"/>      </intent-filter>    </activity>    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.SkipPermissionsDialog" android:value="false" />  </application></manifest>
    MoniGarr.com
    Current Project: Father Sun VR for Oculus