trouble getting started with Platform SDK (Unity/Oculus Go) — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

trouble getting started with Platform SDK (Unity/Oculus Go)

JoeS2018JoeS2018 Posts: 28 Oculus Start Member
I've got an Oculus Go app developed in Unity 2018, which we've been testing by side-loading the apps (either by building directly from Unity, or by using adb install).  So far so good.

But now I want to get the Oculus user name and add VoIP, so I'm delving into the Platform SDK.  I read through the docs but it's hard to sort out which bits apply in my situation.  I created an app in the developer dashboard, and filled that in on the scriptable object accessed via Oculus Platform > Edit Settings.  Then my code is calling Core.AsyncInitialize() and Entitlements.IsUserEntitledToApplication().OnComplete(EntitlementCallback).

But watching the logs, I'm getting a number of errors, the most serious of which appears to be these:
09-10 07:34:28.859  1510  1523 E ExternalPlatformLocal: AppID found in Library does NOT match the appID in the bundle.
09-10 07:34:28.864  1510  1707 E OVRService: com.oculus.horizon.service.ExternalPlatformLocal$PackageNotInLibraryException: Package com.technospirits.quivr not in users library
09-10 07:34:28.864  1510  1707 E OVRService: 	at com.oculus.horizon.service.ExternalPlatformLocal.getAppID(ExternalPlatformLocal.java:248)
So let's take the first: AppID found in Library does NOT match the appID in the bundle. What does this mean? Is it referring to the numeric app ID that I filled in via Edit Settings, or the application bundle ID? Is there someplace else I am supposed to fill that in? As for the second, is this referring to the side-loaded (built directly from Unity in this case) state of the app? I saw the section "Configuring your app for local development," but I thought that meant running within the editor (which is probably something you can do on Windows/Rift, but doesn't apply to my Mac/Go situation). Certainly that bit about adding something to the "registry" sounds like a Windows thing. Can anyone explain what I need to do to get rid of these errors?

Comments

• JoeS2018JoeS2018 Posts: 28 Oculus Start Member
    Incidentally, I wrote all this up in a blog post here.  Perhaps it will be useful to someone else.