cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Achievement Banner Display?

brandon6ense
Explorer
Does it exist? I have not seen the achievement unlocked in game other than the success events in code.
Could some one confirm that a badge or banner gets displayed in game when an achievement gets unlocked? Maybe a screen shot so I even know where to look.

I do get notifications in the oculus home app...

Please advise/help! @imperativity you seem to be the one with the answers!!

I am using Engine: 4.18 Oculus Github, with some modified OSS to bring some more features to completion but I did not touch the achievements interface.

Thanks
-B
3 REPLIES 3

brandon6ense
Explorer
@imperativity I do log when achievements are unlocked, so I see that it is getting the success event properly and my user page shows the achievements as well. as far as a sound and toast notification, i have never seen it.  Is this feature only available on certain builds (eg. release) ... it seems unlikely since i do get the unlocks.  I would love to see a screen shot of this thing still.. As far as I can see in others forum posts and my own experience, this thing does not work properly.

brandon6ense
Explorer
@imperativity maybe you can send me a really small working example instead. even an empty map with a key press to unlock the achievement using your online subsystem. that would be the bare minimum. i could whip that up for you perhaps too but it should be as quick as i described.

brandon6ense
Explorer
@imperativity so if you are seeing the toast and the sound, a small video would be appreciated so i feel less crazy. everything is at the ovr call level at this point so it really is out of my hands so far as i know?