Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Request to Oculus: Per-SDK documentation search

mccmcc Posts: 21
Brain Burst
I have a small problem, and this has made me realize a large problem with the Oculus website and documentation.

My small problem is that I need to know how to get the screen size when using the Oculus C++ mobile SDK. I think, I will look in the documentation. I look at the Mobile SDK Documentation and the Mobile Reference Guide. But: Both of these guides are very large, with many sub-pages. I cannot look through them all.

There is a "search" button at the top of the site. But it searches the entire site— every guide, for every platform, plus the entire forum. If I search for "screen size" or "width" it will hit too much stuff to be useful. (In fact if I search for "screen size" I find how to get the screen size when using Unity on Desktop. But not C++ on Mobile.)

I have a request: There should be a way to limit a search on the Oculus website to just a part of the site (Say, a single subtree of the "outline" sections with the > V icons in the left side bar), or just to a single guide. It is possible to search within a single category of the forum, but not a single part of the website…

(It might? also solve my problem if I could somehow download individual guides. If I could download for example the Mobile Reference Guide I could maybe? use an offline program such as grep to search within i. But there does not seem to be a download.)

Comments

• mccmcc Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Note, I posted a forum thread about my "small problem" with screen sizes, but the search thing is still a problem that will come up again.
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    edited September 2018
    Hi,

I have forwarded this to our documentation team for their review.

Thanks for taking the time to provide this helpful feedback.

EDIT: the documentation team has informed me that this is something they will be addressing in the future.