Can someone help please? [re-open] — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Can someone help please? [re-open]

GRADGRGRADGR Posts: 41 Oculus Start Member
edited September 2018 in Unreal Development
We are having some issues, please provide assistance :-)

1.VRC.Mobile.Functional.1
Progression Blocker: *This issue only occurs on the GEAR Steps to reproduce: 1. The user boots the app. 2. Progresses to the main menu 3. Selects any available option within the main menu 4. The game automatically shuts down and displays the following text: "Escape Legacy has closed unexpectedly".

-As i've read of ue4 oculus forum this is related from gearvr input crash. As it plays well on GO. Is there any quick Fix on this Issue?
-If there's no quick fix at this time, can we Just Uncheck GEAR VR and have only GO enabled, until it's resolved so we can check GearVR again?

2. VRC.Mobile.Input.3
Nothing occurs when the user presses the back button. The app should either go back one level within the UI or display a menu with an option to quit the app.

-We attach some images, so you can understand our setup. It's simple and working on PC (mapped on keyboard for testing) . But on GO it won't Fire, maybe the console command ruins this?

Thank you!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• GRADGRGRADGR Posts: 41 Oculus Start Member
    i will try thanks! 

Should i use the Android Back , action for firing Back ? or do you think my input for using FaceButton1 is correct?
    it seems that gearvr.HandleBackButton 1 , won't help either...
    ---
    VRC.Mobile.Input.3
    When the user presses the back button, the app must either go back one level in your UI or display a menu with an option to quit the app.

Pressing the Back button while in gameplay does not go back one level in menu UI hierarchy, nor does it display a menu with an option to quit the app.

---
    any information regarding Back Button, on how exactly we should use it?
    - we execute the console command from Begin Play , on Player Pawn ,made for controlling MAIN MENU.
    - BACK BUTTON (action) , is set to Fire from Player Pawn. ( maybe we should enable input?)

• aussieburgerVRaussieburgerVR Posts: 202 Oculus Start Member
    Sounds correct to me - your back button should show the main menu with an option to quite the app.

What happens when you press the back button on your Go ? Input must be enabled on the Pawn when for it to receive the back button - perhaps put a debug log message to ensure your pawn is actually receiving the button press?
     VRC.Mobile.Input.3 - Is still an issue on our game, can someone help?