Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Unity not recognizing tokens for device strings?

I have a project that was built from the ground up with just Unity + Leap Motion, now I'm looking into adding multiple options for controllers, like Oculus Touch and, just for testing, keyboard. I took a look at the Leap Interaction Engine module and it seems to be what I need. 

However, I can't even get the basics down and run Leap's example scenes because Unity won't recognize the controllers. I double-checked the controllers were recognized by the system as the device strings "Oculus Touch - Left" and "Oculus Touch - Right" (since one of the components of their plug-in requires you specify the VR controller token(s)). I even followed this tutorial (since I am also using SteamVR) and couldn't get past the first step. Here is what the console.Debug says: 

Actually, forget the leap-related stuff and focus on Unity and SteamVR (I just mentioned Leap in case it could be the issue and someone here knew). How can I debug and fix this? I console-logged the device names, so I know it's "Oculus" and not "OpenVR".

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Moving to developer section.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV