Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Game breaking issues with home update 1.3.1.0.684290 & unity integration

MikeFMikeF Posts: 948
3Jane
as of the update to home 1.3.1 getting this error nonstop 
OverflowException: Number overflow.
OVRHapticsClip..ctor () (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/OVRHapticsClip.cs:27)
OVRHaptics+OVRHapticsOutput..ctor (UInt32 controller) (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/OVRHaptics.cs:137)
OVRHaptics..cctor () (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/OVRHaptics.cs:25)
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for OVRHaptics
OVRManager.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Oculus/VR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:1531)

tried running on 2017.3.1p4 & 2018.1.0b8 and same error in fresh projects with the latest complete integration pack on the asset store. 

This is absolutely crucial that i have a workaround or fix asap, please advise @imperativity

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 948
    3Jane
    Note: to reproduce import integration into fresh project, open avatar/samples/controllers/controllers.scene, press play, observe console
  • MikeSwansonMikeSwanson Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    I have the same issue. As of Oculus Home 1.31.0.684290, our Unity 2018.1.8f1 project (using the 1.24.2 Utilities) throws this exception constantly:

[Exception] ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: dest

OVRHaptics+OVRHapticsOutput.Process()    Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRHaptics.cs:237
    235:   int dstOffset = acquiredSamplesCount * OVRHaptics.Config.SampleSizeInBytes;
    236:   int srcOffset = 0;
    -->237:   Marshal.Copy(m_paddingClip.Samples, srcOffset, m_nativeBuffer.GetPointer(dstOffset), numBytes);
    239:   acquiredSamplesCount += desiredPadding;

OVRHaptics.Process()    Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRHaptics.cs:362
    360:       for (int i = 0; i < m_outputs.Length; i++)
    361:       {
    -->362:           m_outputs[i].Process();
    363:       }
    364:   }

OVRManager.LateUpdate()    Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVRManager.cs:1386
    1384:   private void LateUpdate()
    1385:   {
    -->1386:       OVRHaptics.Process();
    1387:   }

3Jane
    Also intermittently getting the issue mentioned by MikeSwanson 
    3Jane
    @imperativity Thanks, always appreciated!
    any idea if this will require an SDK update or be fixed automatically with a new home update?
    Brain Burst
    Thanks, @imperativity...especially that you found time to respond during OC5. :smile:
  • oksana.tvorioksana.tvori Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited October 2018
    The same problem at Unity v2018.2.10f1, OVRPlugin v1.28.0 and OVRPlugin v1.29.0
    The workaround is to skip haptics input processing until OVRPlugin.HapticsDesc initialized.
    3Jane
    The same problem at Unity v2018.2.10f1, OVRPlugin v1.28.0 and OVRPlugin v1.29.0
    The workaround is to skip haptics input processing until OVRPlugin.HapticsDesc initialized.
    Could you show how you're doing this? It seems to re-init on every frame via late update, then as soon as controllers are visible it starts throwing the errors
  • oksana.tvorioksana.tvori Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    @MikeF, yes config reloading is called every frame. Just mark OVRHaptics.Config as initialized once it no longer receives garbage data in OVRPlugin.GetControllerHapticsDesc(). 
    3Jane
    understood, thanks oksana.tvori
    3Jane
    fix should be landing tomorrow from oculus for anyone else having this issue
    Brain Burst
    I can confirm that today's Oculus update to 1.31.0.686553 has fixed the haptic issue we were experiencing. Thank you!