Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

GearVR gen1 USB connection

markLaurelmarkLaurel Posts: 10
NerveGear
Hello everyone,

Still relatively new to vr dev. My question is this:

I've a GearVR gen1 being used for development. When I plug the USB into the HMD, the device doesn't get recognized by the PC. I've already installed the ADB that I downloaded from this site. Are there additional settings that i failed to do?

I'm wondering about this because I currently am building straight to the phone & using GearVR services to test the build. Aren't I able to build to device while the phone is in the HMD?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

Regarding the below:

When I plug the USB into the HMD, the device doesn't get recognized by the PC. I've already installed the ADB that I downloaded from this site. Are there additional settings that i failed to do?
    This USB port is for charging only and does not function as a conduit to access the phone in any fashion.

And this:

I'm wondering about this because I currently am building straight to the phone & using GearVR services to test the build. Aren't I able to build to device while the phone is in the HMD?
    No. This is not allowed behavior. If you were to have a Rift connected to your PC you could use that HMD as a quicker way to preview and iterate builds.