cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Oculus Quest support a game controller or HID Gamepad?

lahj3
Honored Guest
The Oculus Go supports HID Gamepads according to: https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/accessories-guidelines-go/

Will the Quest support them as well? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cain-
Protege
I'd like to think so, but the Touch controllers are, in a sense, two halves of a gamepad themselves, and therefore have all the necessary inputs, so an argument could be made that gamepad support is not necessary since that base will effectively already be covered. 

Still, for certain types of experiences a gamepad would be more convenient.  I doubt that Oculus will leave it out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cain-
Protege
I'd like to think so, but the Touch controllers are, in a sense, two halves of a gamepad themselves, and therefore have all the necessary inputs, so an argument could be made that gamepad support is not necessary since that base will effectively already be covered. 

Still, for certain types of experiences a gamepad would be more convenient.  I doubt that Oculus will leave it out.

VR_finlay
Honored Guest
on setup it has option for xbox controller

VR_finlay
Honored Guest
in device setup pages for Riff+, not sure if this gives all functionality of course unless xbox controllers have motion sensing