Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Best tools for creating an office setting for VR experience

I'm looking for the best tools/program to create an office for a VR experience. Basically I need a way to create walls, floors, ceilings, doors, windows, etc, that all match up to the plans given to me by a client. This means I need the ability to determine height, width, and length. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

When you refer to the best tools/program for creating a VR experience, you would be referring to game engines, correct?

Unity is the game engine we recommend most due to its availability of documentation, tutorials, size of its development community, and approach-ability for beginners. We have thorough documentation on Unity here.

Unreal is another great option for intermediate to advanced developers who are looking for a little more control over graphics and rendering in their applications. We have thorough documentation on Unreal here.

Both of these options are worthy of consideration when you decide to move forward in your development.

Let me know if you have any further questions.