cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text Aliasing issue on Go/Unity/Textmesh Pro

harpseal1
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,
I'm having an issue with text aliasing really bad on the oculus go in my unity project on a world canvas. I'm using textmesh pro for rendering of the text, using forward rendering, x8 MSAA. I tried setting up a compositor layer, but the documentation is not clear how to set it up and the oculus demo scene is broken (I'm guessing you have to have a oculus hooked up to the PC, I only have a go). I created an orthographic camera, added an ovroverlay component, created a render texture, applied the RT to overlay component texture 0, and set the orthographic camera to render to that texture. It seems impossible to get the aspect ratio to correctly render my world canvas and the brightness was really high. Finally after playing with the resolution of the render texture and scale of the gameobject of the the overlay component was applied to, I was able to get something close to what I wanted but the frame rate was really bad and the image quality wasn't much better than what I had before.

So are there any solutions to making textmesh pro not so pixelated on a world canvas or am I just out of luck?
0 REPLIES 0