New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

OculusTrcValidator fails and OculusDebugTool crashes

SamGondelmanSamGondelman Posts: 1
NerveGear
I am trying to test an app using the OculusTrcValidator before uploading it to the Oculus Store.  When I run the Validator:

$ ./OculusTrcValidator.exe --path "/c/Program\ Files/High\ Fidelity\interface.exe" -v

Almost all of the tests fail like this:

Starting TestSdkVersion
Sending message to OAF: {"requestData":{"wearing_hmd":true},"requestName":"/life_cycle/proximity_sensor","sequenceId":"128"}
Response from OAF: {"messageType":"RESPONSE","payload":{"value":"OK"},"payloadType":"PLAIN_STRING","sequenceId":"128","timestamp":"1540425588143"}

ERROR: Application launch was cancelled
ERROR: Setup test failed because application couldn't be started. HRESULT: 1223
Cleaning up...
Sending message to OAF: {"requestData":{"wearing_hmd":false},"requestName":"/life_cycle/proximity_sensor","sequenceId":"129"}
Response from OAF: {"messageType":"RESPONSE","payload":{"value":"OK"},"payloadType":"PLAIN_STRING","sequenceId":"129","timestamp":"1540425588219"}

Test FAILED

The same thing happens when I try to validate an app that I've downloaded from the Oculus Store, so it's not an issue with the application I'm testing.

I've tried to use the OculusDebugTool GUI to do it, but it crashes very quickly if I open "Validate App" and try to do anything (choose a file, select a test, run, etc.).

Does anyone have any advice?  Thank you.

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,465 Oculus Staff
    @SamGondelman

I am reaching out to you via private message with next steps to fix this behavior.
    Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • rvpucmmrvpucmm Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have exactly the same issue. Could you help me to fix that, please?
    @rvpucmm

I am direct messaging you next steps.
    Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • adriandjuraadriandjura Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi @imperativity,

We are having the same problem with OculusDebugTool and OculusTrcValidator. Can you send us the steps how to fix the problem.

Thanks.
    @adriandjura

I have reached out to you via PM with next steps.

• EricdemersEricdemers Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello @imperativity
    We're experiencing the same problem trying to validate an app. Could you forward the steps on how to fix this problem please?
    @Ericdemers

I have reached out to you via PM.

• STKFFSTKFF Posts: 6 Oculus Start Member
    edited October 30
    @imperativity  Same problem here  :/
  • STKFFSTKFF Posts: 6 Oculus Start Member
    @imperativity  Why not publishing those "steps"?  :o 
  • ShervinVRShervinVR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @imperativity
    Hi there, we seem to be having the exact same issue. Would you be able to publish the steps here?

Thanks!
    @ShervinVR

@STKFF

I have reached out to you both with next steps.

• jphilippjphilipp Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I have the same issue, the tests all seem to fail. Thanks!
  • ToTheTopVRToTheTopVR Posts: 14 Oculus Start Member
    edited October 31
    Hi @imperativity - Same issue here.  Thanks!
    [Edit] - also just tried the OculusDebugTool and got the same crash when trying to run Validate App...
    @jphilipp

@ToTheTopVR

I am reaching out to both of you via PM with next steps.

• jorgeolotharjorgeolothar Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue here.
    I did get the OculusDebugTool to not crash once, by expanding folders instead of browsing them. But now it still crashes.
    @jorgeolothar

I am reaching out to you via PM with next steps.

• LucasRizzottoLucasRizzotto Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Same issue here. Was going to submit a new build to the Oculus Store today but can't get the verification through .

Steps should really be outlined publicly instead of PMd.
  • AyfelAyfel Posts: 32 Oculus Start Member
    Can I have those steps as well please?

@LucasRizzotto

@Ayfel

I am messaging you both the next steps.

• sanbaesanbae Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same issue here!
  • Hir0.Pr0tag0nistHir0.Pr0tag0nist Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited November 5
    @imperativity I'm having the same issue and would appreciate whatever information you're PMing around. Thanks!
  • clint205clint205 Posts: 5 Oculus Start Member
    Same issue here as well.  Please help

• psparikhpsparikh Posts: 12 Oculus Start Member
    edited November 4
    I am having the same issue as well.Thanks! @imperativity
  • hongjiny_devhongjiny_dev Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    @imperativity We are having the same issue and would love to hear from you. Thanks.
  • Hir0.Pr0tag0nistHir0.Pr0tag0nist Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited November 9
    :)
    Hi everyone!

For some reason I didn't get the notifications for your requests. I am messaging you all the next steps to fix this issue.