Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus platform command line utilities for Mac OS

How is this tool supposed to be installed? I download ovr-platform-util.dms file - it is not a known extension and no application will open it. Targeting the file for execution in the terminal does nothing. What are the instructions for this file?

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

I see we are already assisting you via our developer ticket system.

I will post any answer or guidance from this ticket that resolves your issue as a response to this post.
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Here is the solution for the problem from the developer ticket system:

"It appears this is more an issue with Safari incorrectly applying an extension to the download. I believe you are getting the unrecognizable command due to incorrect permissions on the file. Make sure set the executable permissions on the file. After that it should work. Let me know if you have any issues with that."
  • zed8.frzed8.fr Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hi jon_marley
    Unable to use ovr-platform-util. Did you fix your issue ? Maybe you could help me… ;-)
  • NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 99 Oculus Staff
    For those curious, I closed the loop with @zed8.fr and provided him the following steps that worked:

1. Open terminal and cd to location of file
    2. Type chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util
    3. Run tool by typing ./ovr-platform-util plus desired function.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our software or integration:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!