cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus platform command line utilities for Mac OS

jon_morley
Honored Guest
How is this tool supposed to be installed? I download ovr-platform-util.dms file - it is not a known extension and no application will open it. Targeting the file for execution in the terminal does nothing. What are the instructions for this file?
6 REPLIES 6

zed8_fr
Honored Guest
Hi jon_marley
Unable to use ovr-platform-util. Did you fix your issue ? Maybe you could help me… 😉

mouse_bear
Retired Support
For those curious, I closed the loop with @"zed8.fr" and provided him the following steps that worked:

1. Open terminal and cd to location of file
2. Type chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util
3. Run tool by typing ./ovr-platform-util plus desired function.

tharun15
Honored Guest

-bash: ./ovr-platform-util: No such file or directory

Its in the desktop and I tried ls command and the application is listing . But none of the below command works in iMac terminal

MAC:Desktop user$ chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util

chmod: ./ovr-platform-util: No such file or directory

MAC:Desktop user$ ./ovr-platform-util

Unable to use ovr-platform-util.  Maybe you could help me… 😉

jthbykecnn2c.pngh6c52gsukgvh.png

mouse_bear
Retired Support
Hello, thanks for reaching out. Please ensure you are changing directory to your desktop, as the commands you listed is returning the message that it cannot find the file.

Futurelab_CBe
Honored Guest
i have the same problem like tharun15. Unable to use over-platform-util. It's not running..
@NinjaGG maybe you can help?

esaruoho
Honored Guest

tharun15 said:

Its in the desktop and I tried ls command and the application is listing . But none of the below command works in iMac terminal

MAC:Desktop user$ chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util

chmod: ./ovr-platform-util: No such file or directory

MAC:Desktop user$ ./ovr-platform-util

Unable to use ovr-platform-util.  Maybe you could help me… 😉

Catchall command for finding a file somewhere in the path: 
which ovr-platform-util
this normally tells you where the file would be, if regularly installed somewhere into the path. Stash this info somewhere, it'll be useful in the future.

As for the commands you listed specify, you are attempting to run it on the Terminal from a folder that the file is not in.

You can do either of two things - either move the ovr-platform-util to your home folder  (which in the Terminal will be the ~ folder), i.e. /Users/yourusername/ (just launch Finder and move or copy it from Desktop to "Home" folder (on the Finder, go to Downloads folder, enable "View -> Show Path Bar" and see what the path is, click on the folder before the Downloads folder. For me, it would be: Macintosh HD > Users > esaruoho > Downloads - doubleclick on yourusername in the path bar..) and then launch the Terminal app and try ./ovr-platform-util

or launch Terminal and go to the Desktop folder. In this case, you'd launch the Terminal and type cd Desktop and after that, try ./ovr-platform-util. If it now says that there is definitely a file with that name, then do the chmod +x ./ovr-platform-util to change it to executable, then type in ./ovr-platform-util again.

Hope this helps.