Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Gear VR app on Google Play store - Needs signing

Jack-apdJack-apd Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi all,
We have an Gear VR app that is in closed beta on the Google Play store made using Unity3D.
The issue is players are reporting that the app doesn't load and says "Thread Priority Security Exception. Make sure the APK is signed." usually that means you need an osig file or to sign it in Unity for Android(which we have done) but we need the app to not need this as it is for public use?
Any help would be great!

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    Hi,

Can you explain how this is possible(?):

We have an Gear VR app that is in closed beta on the Google Play store made using Unity3D.

I am honestly really confused with what you are asking here. Gear VR applications are solely designed for deployment on Oculus Home for Gear VR. Google play is predominately mobile applications and daydream/cardboard.

I can't really offer any assistance until I understand exactly what is going on here as this doesn't really concern our platform at all.