New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

No Audio In Unity Build Without Tabbing In and Out of Application in Go

Tolin93Tolin93 Posts: 57
Hiro Protagonist
Hi!
I don't know what's going on, but as I was working on my project and pushed the latest build to my Oculus Go, I noticed I didn't have any audio. I pressed the Oculus-button and pointed my controller at the menu buttons -- Sure enough, the Oculus UI had audio. So I tabbed back into my app and low and behold; The audio was restored (and seemingly 'caught up' to the game as all the gun sounds that were missing before all played at the same time in a 'big bang').

What I've tried so far in my troubleshooting efforts:
* Different audio files, formats and import settings. 
* Blank Unity project. 
* Using Oculus Spatializer plugin as well as None. 
* Different Unity versions (2017, 2018 and the latest 2019 alpha)
* Both the Oculus Utilities 1.28.0 as well as most recent 1.30.0. 
* Factory Reset of my Go (Old builds and other apps run fine). 
* Reinstallation of NDK and SDK. 
* Different Target and Minimum APIs. 

I also ran LogCat which didn't show much except for
ActivityManager: RestoreAudioRecord called for pkg:com.oculus.vrshell 
ActivityManager: restoring op audio record to 0 for pkg:com.oculus.vrshell
Which I assume is from when I tab back and forth.
Does anyone know what the issue might be? I feel like I've tried everything at this point .___'. I'm sure it's something super silly that I keep missing. 

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,465 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Is there any chance for you to try on another Oculus Go and see if this behavior changes?

I'm worried that even with your making new, blank Unity projects the behavior is continuing which does not make much sense to me.
    Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • nielshoognielshoog Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited 7:05AM
    Hi, Same problem here!
    I have found several (not many) users who experience the same problem. We have several go's in use en all with the same problem..
    I think it has to do something with the firmware update .. because last month it worked fine (with the same APK and settings) Or have you already found a solution?
  • Tolin93Tolin93 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    It's been working okay for me so far. I created a blank project, imported 1.29.0 of OVRUtilities, and somewhere between fiddling with Mono/IL2CPP backend, switching back and forth between it and runtime version between 3.5 and 4.x it started working. 
    Honestly, this all started when I first installed OVRUtils 1.30.0 from the Unity Asset Store. I deleted the Oculus folder and installed 1.28.0, which didn't fix it, but I suspect there might have been other files involved, or some project settings were changed on import.