New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Quest design, Everything i do for RIFT works on quest?

darviousdarvious Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello guys,im making an RPG for Oculus Quest,my focus is on Oculus Quest on first steps, im studying the controller for it, its same as rift but doesnt have Sensor to thumb, also i want to know if everything im making on UE4 for Rift works for quest ?
The sensors buttons will be on Quest too?

Ofcourse i have questions for oculus quest like (USB C can receive from External Powerbank) ?
But its a technical question

Also about development: how can we test our gamers on quest? I hope we can plug USB C to avoid export everytime we develop it,please oculus think on devs like me that doesnt have an RIFT to help develop for a Quest.

And if i buy a Normal Quest version instead of try to get a developer version,can i develop for it with the help of Consumer version,or there is a way to get my developer version ? Where do i sign?

Thank you guys! i know many questions are more headed to oculus but the Gamedesign is very important as we have about 1 year for Quest be launched and i do love to have an VR that i can bring anywhere and make people happy with a brand new content.. im making this RPG thinking on it and the more you guys can help the better it will be,its for US... i want to make a game that i will love to play too.

PS: Oculus documentations helps much,its more easy than try to develop for PSVR for sure. Thank you!!!

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,465 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

As the Quest is currently an unreleased product, much of what you are asking I cannot comment on at this time.

However, regarding this:
    And if i buy a Normal Quest version instead of try to get a developer version,can i develop for it with the help of Consumer version,or there is a way to get my developer version ? Where do i sign?
    Consumer Quest units will be the same as consumer Oculus Go units, in that you can use them to develop with right out of the box in addition to consumer use cases.

Also, regarding this:

Everything i do for RIFT works on quest?

Sure, everything is ported over except for the buffer of performance that is present on PC---meaning you will need to heavily optimize your application to meet the GPU and CPU bandwidth constraints that will be present on Quest.

Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.