New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cannot reach OVRService from my Windows service

anton.gulyaevanton.gulyaev Posts: 1
NerveGear
I need to read Oculus Touch data from my service. When I try to initialize ovr from my service however, I get an error "AccessFailure: Client doesn't have the required rights".

Here is my code for the initialization:
ovrInitParams initParams = { ovrInit_RequestVersion | ovrInit_Invisible, OVR_MINOR_VERSION, NULL, 0, 0 };
ovr_Initialize(&initParams);
ovrErrorInfo info;
ovr_GetLastErrorInfo(&info); 

if (!OVR_SUCCESS(ovr_Create(&_pOvrSession, &_pGraphics)))
{
ovr_GetLastErrorInfo(&info); // AccessFailure: Client doesn't have the required rights
}

ovrInitParams params = { 0, 0, nullptr, 0, 0, OVR_ON64("") };
ovr_Initialize(&params);
ovr_GetLastErrorInfo(&info); // AccessFailure: Client doesn't have the required rights

This works correctly, unless is ran inside a service. I configured OVRService service to run under SYSTEM account, as well as my service, still no effect. Any ideas?

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,471 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

It sounds to me like you are re-purposing our consumer-facing software for another use case that is most likely not supported outside of the framework provided by our runtime.
    I need to read Oculus Touch data from my service. When I try to initialize ovr from my service however, I get an error "AccessFailure: Client doesn't have the required rights".
    I don't have any guidance to offer on mitigating this issue as it appears to be correctly calling out that you are running the service outside of the intended framework.
    Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.