New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Suppress wait cursor/clock on no frames submitted

TheRealIronWolfTheRealIronWolf Posts: 51
Hiro Protagonist
Hi, is it possible to Suppress wait cursor/clock on no frames submitted for a while?  Thanks.

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 3,471 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Not that I am aware of an exposed functionality in our PC SDK.

However, many developers get around this by presenting the user with an interim loading screen or animation of some kind to hide this behavior.
    Please tag me @imperativity in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.
  • TheRealIronWolfTheRealIronWolf Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hi,

Not that I am aware of an exposed functionality in our PC SDK.

However, many developers get around this by presenting the user with an interim loading screen or animation of some kind to hide this behavior.
    Thanks for your response.  The app uses ovrLayerCube to update loading screen.  However, sometimes there is seconds delay between updates.  It all looks good to the user - user can still look around etc, but the wait cursor pops up. I understand that this can be avoided by periodically re-submitting our cube layer, but this feels like unneccessary complication, and it would be nice to have a way to opt out of the wait cursor.