Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Developing for Oculus and using "Stereo Display (non head-mounted)" SDK.

SatsarkSatsark Posts: 3
NerveGear
I'm a being made to develop a VR game through my school program.
I don't have the money for, or the interest to dish out 400 bucks for a rift (I get motion sick very easily). 

From reading other forums it seems like The "Stereo Display (non head-mounted)" virtual reality SDK option under player settings is the best way to emulate using an Oculus to test a VR game in Unity. (a weirdly difficult piece of information to find)
I'm trying to use this method so I won't have to go to class everytime I want to test out my game.

As of right now all I can do is move using WASD. I can't find anyway to emulate looking around, and even though I have the avatar stuff set up, I don't see any hands. Is there any way to actually test the functionality of a unity game for Occulus Rift without a headset, and without installing some giant third-party asset?

Thanks to anyone ahead of time for any help I get.
I paid for and followed another toturial that turned out to be horribly outdated (never got any responses from my questions) and now I have less then a couple of weeks to get a VR game prototype set up. 
Tagged: