Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Disable Oculus VR Plugin for Samsung Mobile Devices

ege.guldaliege.guldali Posts: 1
NerveGear
Curently I am working on Oculus Go app with mobile device companion. I build both VR and companion app from same project. Companion app is working with any other mobile devices. But when I try to use it with a Samsung Device, VR plugin starts automatically and asks for Gear VR. How can I disable Oculus VR Plugin so that Samsung devices can start app as a mobile app not as a VR?

Comments

• spacefrogspacefrog Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    edited December 7
    Had the same problem (talking about Unity here - no clue how this works on Unreal ):
    As soon as you have the Oculus Utilities installed and build to Android, even if you disable VR in the buildsettings and run the build on an Samsung device ( guess only when the samsung  has the Gear VR stuff installed) it triggers VR mode on the samsung. Running the same build on any other - non samsung android device works though

The solution that works for me is:

* Disable "Use required Project settings" in the Tools->Oculus" menu, otherwise VR mode always would get reenabled ( i hate that setting anyways, it constantly messes with build settings in the background )
    * Select "Disable Oculus Utilties Plugin" in the same tools menu: this switches back to the Unity integrated Oculus plugin , this might be an little bit older version but respects the Non-VR setting on Samsung devices...
    * Of course, disable VR Supported in Unity's Android playersettings ....

Now your Android builds should'nt request the Gear VR headset on the samsungs ...