cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with OVR Input when building for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

AskAnEnemyStudi
Honored Guest
Hey folks,

I’ve been working on a game which is cross-platform so it make sense to disable VR on Platforms which do not have VR. I recently upgraded to 1.31 and while building for PC I get no issues, but when building for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch I get the following error in the console and cannot make a build.
Assets/Oculus/Avatar/Scripts/OvrAvatarLocalDriver.cs(9,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `OVRInput' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
Assets/Oculus/Avatar/Scripts/OvrAvatarLocalDriver.cs(26,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `OVRInput' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

If I add Xbox One and Nintendo Switch to the “Excluded Platforms” of the Oculus.VR assembly I got a whole other error about “NUnit.Framework” namespace. 

Before upgrading to 1.31 (I was on 1.29)  I had to create Assembly Definitions for each Editor folder in the Oculus Utilities package and that worked, but after upgrading I had to delete them since they were causing other issues. I didn’t get any errors until I recently went to make an Xbox One build for a submission deadline.

Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1

AskAnEnemyStudi
Honored Guest
Also I have contacted support but haven’t heard back so thought I’d post in the forums 🙂