Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus GO | build & run, black screen

bcoylebcoyle Posts: 110
Hiro Protagonist
Not sure what to do - I've been trying to build and run some basic scenes that come with the Oculus Integration package and every time I get a black screen. Several home button presses will pull me out of the demo and then I can proceed back into the unknown sources application which just goes black again. No apparent issues during build...

If I hit the play button I'm able to preview the scene on the Rift fine.

I also tried using side-loader software from Headjack to install the .apk onto the GO, but again it launches a black screen.
Tagged:

Comments

• citizen12citizen12 Posts: 23 Oculus Start Member
    I find that with every new version of Unity I need to go through a short checklist to make sure that I can build and run a trivial Unity app on my Go.

1.  Create a new Unity 3D project (do not use LWRP).
    2. Import the Oculus Integration 1.32 Asset Store asset.
    3. Make sure your Player settings are correct for Go.
    4. Add the Oculus/VR/Trivial scene to your Scenes in Build.  Select Android, specify ASTC textures, Gradle.
    5. Build and run.
  • bcoylebcoyle Posts: 110
    Hiro Protagonist
    @citizen12
    You think I should download the latest Unity? Currently I've been using 2017.3.1p4 - hmm. I like your checklist. Pretty sure I hit most of those on the checklist, as I did create a new project for testing Oculus GO, and ran through all the Oculus guides on settings for Unity/Android setup. At least I think I hit it all...

Maybe I'll get the latest Unity and run through it again. Hoo boy.
  • citizen12citizen12 Posts: 23 Oculus Start Member
    bcoyle said:
    @citizen12
    You think I should download the latest Unity? Currently I've been using 2017.3.1p4 - hmm. I like your checklist. Pretty sure I hit most of those on the checklist, as I did create a new project for testing Oculus GO, and ran through all the Oculus guides on settings for Unity/Android setup. At least I think I hit it all...

Maybe I'll get the latest Unity and run through it again. Hoo boy.
    All I can tell you is that I am actively working on a Go-based project using 2018.3.0f2 and that checklist was the first thing I checked.  FWIW I am using Single-pass rendering. 

Good luck!
  • BisiteOculusBisiteOculus Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Here somebody with the same problem, I will say something if I get this problem solved
  • JayWSloatJayWSloat Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I experienced this recently and it was quite frustrating. What helped me sleuth the issue down was manually running a command from a terminal to install and run my apk file. In this mode, when the running of my apk failed, I could see the status it returned, and quickly determined that the cause was that a version number of a previously installed "DeleteMe.apk" was higher than the version I was currently trying to push onto it. Raising the version number caused everything to work in my case.

>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    1KWPH810068137  device

adb.exe -s "1KWPH810068137" install -r "Z:\Unity_Projects\OCULUS_GO\Sofa\Temp\DeleteMe.apk"
    adb: failed to install Z:\Unity_Projects\OCULUS_GO\Sofa\Temp\DeleteMe3.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE]

-Jay-