Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

OVRInput.Button.Back intermittent functionality

bmac13213bmac13213 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hello,

I've been working on developing a mobile game for Gear VR, and have been using OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.PrimaryIndexTrigger) and OVRInput.Get(OVRInput.Button.Back) to query the state of the trigger and back buttons on the controller.  The trigger works perfectly every time, but the back button only seems to work sometimes (like once every two or three clicks).  I've tried swapping my code to have the trigger and back button perform the reverse functionality (so the back button would grab an object, and the trigger button would pull up a menu) and I'm still having the same problem, which indicates to me that the back button is the issue, and not my particular lines of code.  I've also tried using the back button on other apps and it seems to work just fine, so I think the problem may be related to my version of Unity and/or the Oculus Integration asset.

I'm using Unity 2017.4.1f1, and Oculus Integration Version 1.30.0.  Does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this issue?

Also, I think this problem is very similar to one that was reported in this discussion:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/63273/gear-vr-back-button-to-confirm-quit-menu

Thanks,
Brian