Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Started a New Unity Project - Met w/ "error CS0234:The type or namespace name 'Policy'"

SplooshSploosh Posts: 7
NerveGear
edited December 2018 in Unity Development
I just started a new unity project, and after importing Oculus utilites I'm met with 2 errors.

The first is "AssetImporter is referencing an asset from the previous import. This should not happen." which occured prior to importing Oculus utilities, and I can't seem to find any info on this online.

The second is "Assets\Oculus\Avatar\Scripts\OvrAvatarSkinnedMeshRenderPBSV2Component.cs(4,23): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Policy' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Security' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" 

Any suggestions as to how to fix these error messages?

*EDIT:* Updating OVR to latest settings (1.32) after a screen prompt  saying I was at version 0.0.0 seems to have fixed this I guess.
Tagged:

Comments

• citizen12citizen12 Posts: 23 Oculus Start Member
    Wouldn't worry about the first error.  It's transient.  Switching your Player Settings to .NET 4.x (e.g.):

Scriptable Runtime Version: .NET 4.x Equivalent
    Api Compatibility Level: .NET 4.x

should deal with the "Policy" error.  If you don't want to change your runtime then simply comment out the "using System.Security.Policy;" line in OvrAvatarSkinnedMeshRenderPBSV2Component.cs will do it.  It's not even required.