Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

UnauthorizedAccessException:Access to the path"Assets/Oculus/VR/Plugins/1.32.0/Android/OVRPlugin.aar

DHARMAKAYADHARMAKAYA Posts: 52
Hiro Protagonist
edited January 11 in Unity Development
What is this and why is it happening?
UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "Assets/Oculus/VR/Plugins/1.32.0/Android/OVRPlugin.aar" or "Temp/StagingArea/aar/OVRPlugin.aar" is denied.
System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, System.Boolean overwrite) (at <ac823e2bb42b41bda67924a45a0173c3>:0)
Looked on the Unity forums and somebody basically said changing the OVRPlugin file extension to .bak (or simply deleting it) got rid of that error... that is not a solution!

How to properly get rid of this ridiculous error? I want to make an app today! Been hassling with this for days! 

Comments

• itsafeatureitsafeature Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I am also seeing the issue. I have looked in the staging area in the temp folder and it looks like the OVRPlugin.aar file is getting set to read only. I am guessing this is the problem. I have change it from read only and I am trying a build to see if that temporarily fixes the problem but it seems to replace them everytime
  • DHARMAKAYADHARMAKAYA Posts: 52
    Hiro Protagonist
    Maybe removing all the oculus packages from the package manager solves that. 
  • NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 100 Oculus Staff
    Thank you for the heads up, and sorry for the frustration! Our engineers have found that any Oculus packages within the Package Manager can cause a critical conflict within the editor. At this time, we recommend to either refrain from updating to Unity 2018.3.0f2, or to remove any Oculus packages from within the Package Manager. 

Keep in mind, a default project will automatically add the Oculus packages from the Package Manager so be sure to remove them when starting a new project.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our software or integration:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
  • itsafeatureitsafeature Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited January 4
    Thanks for the advice @NinjaGaijin. I have also noticed an additional issue. If I delete the Oculus folder or try to upgrade from the asset store even after I have removed Oculus and Android Oculus from package manager it get stuck when trying to replace the spatializer dll. 
  • sbrignellsbrignell Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited January 11
    Hi I am new to Unity 2018.3.0, and come across this error as well. Where about is Package Manager and how to remove Oculus (Android) from there? My other suggestion perhaps go back to previous version of Unity 2018
  • NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 100 Oculus Staff
    @sbrignell Refer to the following guide for info on how to access the Package Manager from within the Unity Editor: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/[email protected]/manual/index.html
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our software or integration:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
  • DanielOS96_SentirealDanielOS96_Sentireal Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Any time I try to remove the Oculus (Android) package from package manager it instantly reinstalles it again. Does anyone know why it does that. I have VRTK installed.

Also any news from the oculus team on when this issue will be fixed?