Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Unity Alert: Issues with 2018.3 and Package Manager (01/03/19)

NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 100 Oculus Staff
edited January 3 in Unity Development
Our engineers have found that any Oculus packages within the Package Manager can cause a critical conflict within the editor. At this time, we recommend to either refrain from updating to Unity 2018.3.0f2, or to remove any Oculus packages from within the Package Manager. 

Keep in mind, a default project will automatically add the Oculus packages from the Package Manager so be sure to remove them when starting a new project.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our software or integration:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!

Comments

• xingyun415xingyun415 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    After add the latest Oculus package(Version_1.32) to my project by  Unity (Version_2017.4) , Why I can't open it on next time ? 
  • nat42nat42 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Any update on this? I saw a suggestion on the Unity forums to work around the issue I think is described here by setting the Import Settings on the Android library/".so" file from the project's assets to be only included on Android.