Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums will be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.
New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Running large amounts of Oculus Go's with unofficial apps.

madelkmadelk Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited January 8 in Unity Development
I have a large company contracting me out for some VR work, they want to have 10-200 people run through specific VR simulations at the same time. Creating the app has been alright but the problems start to arise when I think about how the app can be integrated. Will each of the APK's have to be put onto the headsets individually and run off multiple phones? Are they able to run all off the same developer phone? Would it be easier to publish them to the store, but then would you be able to publish them privately and not allow public access to the environment? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Pixel-FramersPixel-Framers Posts: 4 Oculus Start Member
    You could publish them in one of the non-public release channels (Alpha, Beta, etc.) and then invite the accounts the headsets are linked to. The only problem with that is that each headset does still need to be connected to an account and phone in order to be used. You can have more than one headset linked to the same phone/account, I have several, but I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number that can be associated with a single account.
  • madelkmadelk Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Pixel-Framers said:
    You could publish them in one of the non-public release channels (Alpha, Beta, etc.) and then invite the accounts the headsets are linked to. The only problem with that is that each headset does still need to be connected to an account and phone in order to be used. You can have more than one headset linked to the same phone/account, I have several, but I'm not sure if there's a limit to the number that can be associated with a single account.
    Okay, much that's easier than putting it on each individual headset, thank you! I'll look into the limit for headsets
  • Pixel-FramersPixel-Framers Posts: 4 Oculus Start Member
    No problem, good luck! A lot of us are hoping that Oculus adds some kind of Kiosk/Demo mode to the Go in the near future for scenarios just like this.
  • madelkmadelk Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    No problem, good luck! A lot of us are hoping that Oculus adds some kind of Kiosk/Demo mode to the Go in the near future for scenarios just like this.
    Yeah I was hoping that was hidden somewhere and I just didn't know about it. I normally work on Vive so Oculus is new to me, thanks again!