cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I edit LocalAvatar in Unity?

loipsa
Honored Guest
Hello!
I want to customize my avatar (e.g adding bracers to hands). Is there anyway to show the avatar in the scene view for editing?
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

FocusVRGames
Adventurer
Hi

I haven't come across that but this is what I do to attached things to the hands.

Drag the bracelet Game Object as a child of the left/right hand, set its position to 0,0,0 same with rotation.

Then launch the app so you can see the hands, adjust the position and rotation while its running so you get visual feedback, once happy with the position just copy the bracelets transform component, stop the app and then paste the copied transform onto the bracelets, this will position the bracelets correctly and move as expected with the hands.

Hope that helps
Mike

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FocusVRGames
Adventurer
Hi

I haven't come across that but this is what I do to attached things to the hands.

Drag the bracelet Game Object as a child of the left/right hand, set its position to 0,0,0 same with rotation.

Then launch the app so you can see the hands, adjust the position and rotation while its running so you get visual feedback, once happy with the position just copy the bracelets transform component, stop the app and then paste the copied transform onto the bracelets, this will position the bracelets correctly and move as expected with the hands.

Hope that helps
Mike

treeviewstudios
Protege

MickyX said:

Hi

Hope that helps
Mike

a nice plus, make that a generic object, use scriptable object to make it customizable, in a cleaner way 🙂