Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Weird Green Textbox in Unity UI Input Field for Oculus Go

matt.siamatt.sia Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hey all,

I am experiencing a weird bug that I cannot seem to find the solution to. In my Unity project, when I click an input field with the Oculus Go controller, a rectangular green textbox shows up at the very bottom of the screen for around one second, and it's headlocked. This seems to be an Android input field because when I fill up the input field, its fills up with the same characters. Also, this does not happen in the Unity editor.

I wish I could show you all a screenshot or video, but they did not show up at my attempts to create one. However, I created an Android build that you may all test.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PnbiD7p8NH5JpoKC-hNH2J9Egg2gn9kN/view?usp=sharing 

Game Engine: Unity 2018.2.13f1
Oculus Integration: 1.32.0

Please advise. Thanks! 

Comments

• DonSKORDonSKOR Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi, i have the same problem. Enabling toggle "Hide Mobile Input" doesn't fix the problem. waiting for fix...
  • yunhan0yunhan0 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited February 2019
    I solved this issue by writing a class inherits from the input field. So remove the default InputField component and attach the MobileInput. Don't forget to assign some properties such as TextComponent and Placeholder inside the new MobileInput Component.
    using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.UI;

public class MobileInput : InputField
    {
        protected override void Start()
        {
            keyboardType = (TouchScreenKeyboardType)(-1);
            base.Start();
        }
    }

• lostsomfanlostsomfan Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    yunhan0 said:
    I solved this issue by writing a class inherits from the input field. So remove the default InputField component and attach the MobileInput. Don't forget to assign some properties such as TextComponent and Placeholder inside the new MobileInput Component.
    using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.UI;

public class MobileInput : InputField
    {
        protected override void Start()
        {
            base.Start();
        }
    }

this bugs out when using more than one inputfield :(

• worldofvrgmbhworldofvrgmbh Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi, we are experiencing the same problem.
    This line (although it fixes the green box) unfortunately creates an endless flow of overflow exceptions on android causing the framerate to drop :-/
  • yunhan0yunhan0 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    @worldofvrgmbh @lostsomfan
    Sorry I've just noticed your reply.
    I read the source code of Unity's inputfield, I reckon there's no way to avoid this problem if using Unity's Input Field.
    Eventually solved this problem by using VRUIKit's customised input field.

• wozhdalwozhdal Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    We have the same bug. (2018.3.10f1)
    just to add a screenshot of the bug : 
    it's the green circle at the bottom.
    It appeears ~0.5s and it's very annoying.
  • mattzeigermattzeiger Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    (2019.2.11f1) We were having the same problem, but fixed it.

It didn't occur on the Quest or Rift, only on the Go. It occurs only when you select the input field.
    The MobileInput code suggested above breaks with two input fields (Username/Password).

We were able to solve by checking Hide Mobile Input and having Content Type be Custom. Screenshot attached.