cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just to confirm; there is no mapping options for the thumb rest sensor on the Touch controllers?

jamesoloughlin
Explorer
Beginning to work on a project that uses hand-presences and wanted to take advantage of the Touch controllers as much as possible.
Just to confirm the flat captive sensor on both controllers has no mapping implementation in Unreal. Was hoping to get something like Oculus Medium.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed the prefab avatar (hands on touch controllers) responds to the thumb being placed on that.  You might be able to fake a mapping using an if touched, or something similar to the script the avatar is using to determine hand rendering.  Just a shot in the dark though.

edit: I'm on Unity though, not sure if a similar action is even possible in Unreal.

jamesoloughlin
Explorer

I noticed the prefab avatar (hands on touch controllers) responds to the thumb being placed on that.  You might be able to fake a mapping using an if touched, or something similar to the script the avatar is using to determine hand rendering.  Just a shot in the dark though.

edit: I'm on Unity though, not sure if a similar action is even possible in Unreal.

Thanks, I haven't tried it yet but I think I can fake it using a check on Thumb Up Cap Touch value and the other Face button Cap Touch values.