Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Possible to have the audio "on" even when not wearing the Headset?

citron4000citron4000 Posts: 5
NerveGear
Hello,

I am looking for a way to have the audio output on in Unity even when not wearing the Oculus Rift.

Currently, if I have the headset on my head and I mirror the audio, I can hear it both on the speaker and the Rift headphone. When I take the headset off my head, the audio on the external speaker are off as well.

Is there a way to keep the speaker on?

I want to replay events that happen during a previous VR session, so the player has to take off the headset before to watch it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• citron4000citron4000 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited February 5
    I tried to disable VR in Unity (XRSettings.enabled = false;), but still, if the headset is not active (IsUserPresent=true), the audio mirroring stops and no audio is played on the speaker.

I tried both in the Unity Editor and in a build with the same result. runInBackground is set to true in Unity.

Any idea? Next, I might try to explore FMOD and see if I can force constant mirroring even when the headset is not worn.
  • citron4000citron4000 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I did solve it using the AudioStream asset on the Unity Store and redirecting output to the speakers instead of the Oculus.