Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

(Solved) Using new audio engine with GearVr give high pitch sound

Mohammed_hashimMohammed_hashim Posts: 73 Oculus Start Member
edited February 15 in Unreal Development
Hello guys, anyone used the new audio engine on android? I just tested it and somehow the sound doesn't feel right, it plays with high pitch, it's like *1.3 pitch.

Edit: Ok after few days I found the issue, looks like below two code was the reason for this high pitch sound, even though I returned them back on project setting to 44100 and default for audio type but seems its a bug and you will still face the issue till you delete these 2 lines from your DefaultEngine.ini if you have them.

AndroidAudio=OGG
AudioSampleRate=22050

Tagged:

Comments

• aussieburgerVRaussieburgerVR Posts: 187 Oculus Start Member
    Which version of the engine are you using? I noticed something like that in the original versions of the new audio engine however since around 4.20 it has been fine for me :) One change I needed to make from memory: You do need to make sure you never put the volume of a sound over 1.0 with the new audio engine.
  • Mohammed_hashimMohammed_hashim Posts: 73 Oculus Start Member
    Which version of the engine are you using? I noticed something like that in the original versions of the new audio engine however since around 4.20 it has been fine for me :) One change I needed to make from memory: You do need to make sure you never put the volume of a sound over 1.0 with the new audio engine.
    -----------------------------
    I had this as well and I fixed it by increasing the buffer size:

See my comment Sep 27 '17 at 8:35 PM
    https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/593219/android-new-audiomixerandroid-in-416p1-results-cra.html
    Yeah actually I saw that post and thanks for your answer I was able to decrease the noise with raising buffer and lowering the master audio to 0.75 but still, there is some cracking noise from time to time, are you using the default audio engine or the new audio engine? since cracking noise appear more noticeable with old audio engine which I'm using now as I tried new audio engine and the sound acted weird with high pitch/speed. I'm on 4.21 epic Source github version.
    Are you using Audio mixer sample rate 22050 or 44100? and have you experienced audio pitch raise which I assume you are using new audio engine now?