Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Avatar packets do not fully reproduce the player hand and controller poses

yotamhyotamh Posts: 2 Oculus Start Member
Hi, I am trying to integrate the Avatar SDK using the Platform SDK to transmit the Avatar packets between 2 players using the Unity engine. in the case where one has a Rift and the other has a Gear VR or Oculus GO. in the Rift I see the other player not holding a Controller, the hand is being used as it might be using a touch. although in the other case the tracked remote player sees the Rift player using a hand and the hand poses are being reproduced correctly. also when I transmit the packets between 2 rift players the hand does not change poses. does anyone here know what could be the likely culprits of this behavior? 
Thanks!

Comments

• JacksonGordonJacksonGordon Posts: 138
    Art3mis
    This is just a guess, but often the controller is handled on a local system check, so your system might be checking it's own platform and then applying that platform setting to the other player.
  • yotamhyotamh Posts: 2 Oculus Start Member
    it makes sense and I do see some checks for OVRInput in the Avatar SDK to recognize what is connected but I didn't dive deep enough to find why in the case of a Gear and Rift being connected the Gear player correctly sees the Rift player using hands. so if it was completely reliant on a local system check I should have seen the Rift player holding a tracked device on the Gear.