Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

UE4.21 "Warning: Changing the spatialization algorithm on a playing sound is not supported" ?

Does anyone know what this warning means and how to fix it? Using the Oculus UE4.21 with Auido 1.34. Everything is working fine I just dislike warnings.
I get it whenever my sound cue plays.

Comments

• PetrozaPetroza Posts: 149 Oculus Staff
    edited February 26
    Hi James,

I haven't seen that warning but I found it by searching through the code. It looks like that will only happen if you're using the old XAudio based audio system. If possible I recommend using the new UE4 AudioMixer, it has more features and better plugin support. It should also fix that warning you're getting.

To enable AudioMixer add the following to /Config/Windows/WindowsEngine.ini

[Audio]
    AudioDeviceModuleName=AudioMixerXAudio2
  • jamesoloughlinjamesoloughlin Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Petroza said:
    Hi James,

I haven't seen that warning but I found it by searching through the code. It looks like that will only happen if you're using the old XAudio based audio system. If possible I recommend using the new UE4 AudioMixer, it has more features and better plugin support. It should also fix that warning you're getting.

To enable AudioMixer add the following to /Config/Windows/WindowsEngine.ini

[Audio]
    AudioDeviceModuleName=AudioMixerXAudio2
    That fixed it! Thanks classic case of someone (me) ignoring the documentation.