Oculus Integration for Unreal - v1.35 (02/28/19) — Oculus
Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Oculus Integration for Unreal - v1.35 (02/28/19)

NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 216 Oculus Staff
edited April 23 in Unreal Development
Version 1.35 of our integration for Unreal Engine 4.21 has been released! 

You can grab the latest version of the Oculus Source Distribution of UE4.21 here: https://github.com/Oculus-VR/UnrealEngine/tree/4.21

Note: You must log into a subscribed GitHub account first, otherwise you will get a 404 error from the link above.

More information about this release can be found here.

1.35 Update Notes

New Features

• Added the Oculus System Metrics to the UE4 Profiler Tool. See the Go and Rift debugging pages for more information about using the Oculus System Metrics to optimize or debug your app.
  • Enabled .mp3 playback on Android apps in the Media Player.
  • Added MSAA support for Vulkan on PC (experimental).

Integration Changes

• Updated the Oculus Unreal Integration to 1.35.

Bug Fixes

• General performance improvements/fixes.
  • Fixed a crash in OculusAvatar when enabled without the Oculus Runtime installed.
  • Fixed an issue where the camera may not reflect the latest pose after recentering.

Known Issues

• There's a bug affecting the ovr_SetBoundaryLookAndFeel API by which color set operations to the visualized boundary grid don't work if they're called while the HMD is not being worn.
  • A significant drop in frame rate occurs when UE4 is not in focus in VR preview mode. To avoid this issue, uncheck the Use Less CPU when in Background in Edit > Editor Preferences > General (left sidebar) > Miscellaneous (left sidebar) > Performance.
  • Exclusive Mode issues: Setting the mirror window to full-screen exclusive mode will not work correctly if the monitor and HMD are connected to different GPUs.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!

Comments

• zsmbvzsmbv Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Could not compile, bunch of errors came up
  • aussieburgerVRaussieburgerVR Posts: 207 Oculus Start Member
    zsmbv said:
    I compiled the 4.22 branch fine (needs the latest VS2017 update). However it crashed on startup on a GearVR device :(
  • motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,388 Oculus Start Member
    zsmbv said:
    I compiled the 4.22 branch fine (needs the latest VS2017 update). However it crashed on startup on a GearVR device :(
    4.22p7 with Oculus integration? Where did you get that?!
  • aussieburgerVRaussieburgerVR Posts: 207 Oculus Start Member
    edited April 2
    motorsep said:
    zsmbv said:
    4.22p7 with Oculus integration? Where did you get that?!

It's probably a version before P7 though I guess...

• JimRJDMJimRJDM Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Hi
    I'm having trouble downloading and installing a newer version of the Oculus Integration for Unreal.

4.22 appears to install with OVRPlugin 1.32.

I've set up a GitHub account and connected my Unreal account to it.

I landed on this page but when I click on the "Unreal 4.21 (Latest)" link I get a 404 error on GitHub.
    https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unreal-engine-4-integration/

As I understand it I have to subscribe to the Unreal repository on GitHub. I'd be grateful if one of you fine people could explain the process to subscribe to the necessary repository on GitHub and how to download and install a different version of the OVRPlugin or point me to a post or website.

Cheers
    Jim
    NerveGear
    Update
    Just received an email to join Epic Games on GitHub, so now I (think) I can access the correct repositories at least..
    One of the programmers here took pity on a poor artist and is looking at it now..

• pranav.pahariapranav.paharia Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Guys I'm having serious trouble. Need help. I have downloaded and build Oculus 4.22 branch and using GearVRControllerSample Project. I'm not able to deploy NewMap.umap level on Oculus GO. Its crashing with the log. I've pasted the log here  https://gist.github.com/Pranavpaharia/736c99752960cef637941ff1bc67fe4a . Strangely out of the blue asking me for GooglePlayOnline Sub System. But I've added that check as well from plugin manager. Still its not running the application. Please help

• NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 216 Oculus Staff
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    NerveGear
    Hi

I've installed Unreal 4.22.1 but it still has version 1.32 of the Oculus VR plugin.
    We're having significant problems with Rift and Unreal Engine with 1.32 of the plugin

So....Is there a way I can download and update the Oculus VR plugin from 1.32 to 1.36 from within the Unreal editor?
    If so where can I download V 1.36 and how do I then install it?

Or is the "download binary from GitHub and then compile" the only way to get Unreal and 1.36? (I really hope not)

Cheers
    Jim

• NinjaGGNinjaGG Posts: 216 Oculus Staff
    @JimRJDM Github is where you can grab 1.36. 

NerveGear
    Thanks NinjaGaijin

But how do I "grab it"? And then what do I do with it once I've grabbed it?

(I have set up and linked a GitHub account to my Unreal installation so I can see the download page on GitHub.)

I'm sure this is all pretty basic to most peeps on this forum but I'm not a programmer and I'm coming from Unity where controlling which version of the (Oculus) OVR plugin was fairly straightforward, this seems a lot more complex. I've tried test scenes with both Vive and Rift (in both Unity and Unreal) and we're still getting issues only with the Rift so far. I'm hoping getting 1.36 into the  Unreal editor will solve these issues.

Thanks again
    Jim
  • NeontopNeontop Posts: 212 Oculus Start Member
    edited April 30
    Hi @JimRJDM this is a link which will give you all necessary infos:
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Programming/Development/BuildingUnrealEngine
    There is also a lot of tutos about building UE on YouTube. 
    Good luck.