cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Oculus thinking to solve nausea problems or the player colliding with objects around them?

alejandro_casta
Expert Protege
Hi
Since that I am developing with Rift and Go ( and hopefully that I also can get the Quest asap) and there are 2 big problems that I think humble that should to fix to do a more VR Nice and Immersive experiences like Nauseas problems( Teleporting is not the best immersive experience) or preventing users colliding with objects around them.
Since I have seen that there are some hardware complement to fix these problems ( for example Cybershoes, thiis device had 2
presentations succesfully in Kickstarter and Indiegogo now and also was in CES 2019 more info here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cybershoes/cybershoes-step-into-vr?lang=es) for it, Does Oculus think in fix these problems with any similar device or another way?
Thanks for your help to developers
Best Regards
Alejandro

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it is up to us as developers to solve these problems.  I've lowered the default movespeed and added vignette effects to mask periphery.  It's such a new space these problems are largely unsolved, I think.

alejandro_casta
Expert Protege
Hi JacksonGordon
First, thanks for answer me about this topic
I agree with you that developers to try to fix some nausea problem but humble I do not think that we can fix that the player can move around without colliding with walls or others objects near of them, for it,  Would not it be better if Oculus could help us and add an add-on that fixes both problems at the same time? Please let me know your opinion about it. Thanks

IanSharar22
Protege

Hi JacksonGordon
First, thanks for answer me about this topic
I agree with you that developers to try to fix some nausea problem but humble I do not think that we can fix that the player can move around without colliding with walls or others objects near of them, for it,  Would not it be better if Oculus could help us and add an add-on that fixes both problems at the same time? Please let me know your opinion about it. Thanks

Oculus has the guardian system which stops you from running into things. Have you used a Rift? It basically forces you to setup the guardian system lol.  Though I often have to tell people "hey, you see that blue grid coming up? thats a wall. don't go any further" and they're like "oh, okay" lol, I thought it'd be obvious, but maybe not. 

As for nausea, honestly most of those problems have been solved. I think now its just certain people feel it, most don't, unless the game makes it happen. For example my game does for a lot of people, cause its fast and free movement. but that's why under experience it says "intense" because it's not for everyone. It doesn't bother me, for example, I love it. 

alejandro_casta
Expert Protege
Hi ianshrar
First thanks for your opinion about this topic.
I know about the Guardian System since I have the Rift but I think that this one is not the best option to fix it and maybe it could to improve with others VR hardware complements. On the other hand and about nausea problem, I guess that main goal of Oculus( and its father company Facebook) is that the VR can be used massively( proof of this is that Facebook wants its users to contact each other by Rift and Go/Quest) and if this nausea problem is not fixed, it can be a big problem to arrive this goal.
The VR tech is changing every day and fortunately the Quest would be a great option to do the VR massively but I think it would be good to help it a little bit with other complementary developments...
Hope this help or
be the trigger of other ideas at least....
Regards
Alejandro