Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Teleportation blasts me out into space... sometimes.

imjusthereimjusthere Posts: 5
NerveGear
I'm using unity 2018.3.7f1 with oculus integration 1.35 and oculus (desktop) 1.29.1. In any of the demo scenes when I teleport about half the time it will shoot my playercontroller out into space. The other half it works fine. It acts as though it's colliding with something and applying a huge horizontal force causing the playercontroller to slide right off the ground plane. You can't teleport off the ground plane so that's not what's happening. I added some walls to keep me from flying out into space but for the life of me I can't figure out what's going on.

Comments

• imjusthereimjusthere Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm getting the same issue on Unity 2018.3.0f2, 2018.3.8f1, 2018.3.7f1, and 2019.2.0a6. Unity 2018.2.0f2 works though.
  • imjusthereimjusthere Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    For now I am commenting out the following line in LocomotionTeleport.cs in the function DoTeleport(). This makes the glitch go away. I'm not sure yet if this is going to cause me any other problems but it gets me working for now.

788| LocomotionController.PlayerController.Teleported = true;