Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Can Someone Help Me With VOIP Setup in 4.19

garretthogangarretthogan Posts: 4 Oculus Start Member
I am confused about where and how I am supposed to use the voip methods to register a player as a remote talker in a session. I am assuming that When a player logs in, I should get that players ID and register them as a remote talker on the server. Is that correct? When try something like that, the player that hosts the session is able to register, but the player that joins is not. I also tried calling a RPC on the owning client to register their talker there but that didn't work either. I'm just super confused about where I am supposed to register a player once they have joined a session. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have been working on this for over a week and I can't really find any good documentation on the subject or any good examples. How do I register a player that connects to a session as a remote talker?

Comments

• NeontopNeontop Posts: 189 Oculus Start Member
    Hi @garretthogan ; I put that code:

auto OculusVoiceInterface = Online::GetVoiceInterface();
        auto OculusIdentityInterface = Online::GetIdentityInterface();
        auto UserId = OculusIdentityInterface->GetUniquePlayerId(0);

inside the OnJoinSessionComplete(FName SessionName, EOnJoinSessionCompleteResult::Type JoinResult)
    {
    }

This is from OSSSessionWidget.cpp which is coming with the Unreal example of the Oculus Platform SDK.

• garretthogangarretthogan Posts: 4 Oculus Start Member
    edited March 13
    Hey @Neontop, thanks for the reply!! I am able to get the player's unique ID, I am just wondering where exactly I am supposed to register them as a remote talker. When I try to do it on the server it doesn't work. Do I register each player as a talker on their own respective clients? I feel like I have tried that and it also didn't work.
    Hi @garretthogan as I mentioned I'm using the example coming with the Platform SDK. I put the code inside the OSSSessionWidget so each time a player in joining the VOIP is activated.

• garretthogangarretthogan Posts: 4 Oculus Start Member
    @Neontop Thanks so much!
    Ok I see, that makes it much more clear. Just wondering, if I don't have the OSSSessionWidget class because I am not using that example, I should still be able to just hook into that OnJoinSessionComplete method from my GameMode class in C++ right? Also, does this go through the loop and re-register all players each time a new one joins? Is that necessary?
    edited March 13
    @garretthogan this is the solution  I found, before I had the same problem as you.
    Now I tried that with only 2 players...

Hi @garretthogan , in case you find a solution for more than 2 players, I will be glad to have some tips..