Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

How to get a model of only the index finger?

JSW97JSW97 Posts: 13
NerveGear
In my app, I would like to enter a "selection mode" by pressing where you can raycast from your finger to an object and select points on the object. 

My issue is that it's annoying to select with your index finger on the standard hand because it's very easy to accidentally touch a trigger and contort the hand model and screw up the raycast direction.

My question is, how can I get only the model of the normal, extended index finger? I want to press a button, enter "selection mode", and then have a static model of the index finger that can't be closed or contorted in any way.

Comments

• JacksonGordonJacksonGordon Posts: 138
    Art3mis
    I would look into the custom hand poses in the avatarSDK, there should be a pose for this in there, since it's one of the hand models depending on hand position on the controller.  You could just pull out that hand pose and set it when you want to, I think.