Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Cross Purchase for Oculus Go?

cngh_admincngh_admin Posts: 10 Oculus Start Member
Once of the features recently talked about w/ the upcoming Quest is "cross buy", where apps you purchase on the Rift are available on Quest and vice versa, for developers who opt to do so.

What about apps that are also on the Oculus Go? Is this already a feature and I'm just missing it? I do have a bundle set up already for shared achievements and leaderboards, but I can't find anything about cross buy.

Comments

• JacksonGordonJacksonGordon Posts: 132
    Art3mis
    My understanding is that Go apps and purchases will all be compatible with the Quest.  I think it will be the same store, or very similar.  It's hard to find specifics though.  
  • Schneider21Schneider21 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    My understanding is that Go apps and purchases will all be compatible with the Quest.  I think it will be the same store, or very similar.  It's hard to find specifics though.  
    I had quite the opposite impression. The Quest store sounds like it will be far more strictly curated than the Go store, and I've seen apps that were available for Gear/Go get declined when being submitted to Oculus for publishing to Quest.

I think the idea is that 3dof games don't translate as well to Quest as what Rift experiences would (with graphic adjustments and optimization for mobile), so that's the direction they're trying to encourage developers to go.