Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Why have all of imperativity's posts been deleted?

MikeFMikeF Posts: 510
Trinity
This is ridiculous, he helped out so many people in tons of threads and now none of them make any sense since his posts have been removed. This is a serious blow to developer outreach and solution preservation, please undo this

Comments

• MikeFMikeF Posts: 510
    Trinity
    @NinjaGaijin
     Any info and resolution on this?
  • NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 154 Oculus Staff
    Thanks for the heads up, we'll look into this.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!
  • NeontopNeontop Posts: 197 Oculus Start Member
     :( 

• PAaltoPAalto Posts: 77 Oculus Start Member
    I reported this problem to NinjaGaijin a month ago (March 7th, to be exact), and he replied that they are looking into it. Strange that it has taken a month for them to look into it with no progress yet.
    Trinity
    PAalto said:
    I reported this problem to NinjaGaijin a month ago (March 7th, to be exact), and he replied that they are looking into it. Strange that it has taken a month for them to look into it with no progress yet.
    Thats really concerning. I understand that he no longer works for fb but when someone who has been providing this level of support for so long is suddenly erased its like deleting a wiki, thats how helpfull he was. @NinjaGaijin please follow up on this, because otherwise this dev community isnt worth contributing to knowing that knowledge and advice provided by its members can just dissapear overnight.
  • Schneider21Schneider21 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    I thought I was going crazy or something! So many posts with questions related to something I was stuck with, and then a post by the OP saying "Thanks, imperativity!"

Seems like there was a lot of information given that is now unavailable. Very strange move to delete all the posts for a user that was an employee in charge of developer outreach.
    Trinity
    Any updates?
  • JacksonGordonJacksonGordon Posts: 132
    Art3mis
    This is complete speculation, but if he was unhappy with how things "turned out" he might have deleted his own posts.  Like I said- just a guess.
    Thanks for your patience everyone. Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with imperativity's past account, resulting in posts missing. As such, if you do have questions regarding specific threads that you need as a resource, please message me directly with the links and I'll post follow ups to complete those loops.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    Trinity
    So every single post has been deleted, and this is an error? Maybe some stability checks need to be made on this forum, because i'm done posting help knowing it it can all go away overnight. What a waste.
    NerveGear
    MikeF said:
    So every single post has been deleted, and this is an error? Maybe some stability checks need to be made on this forum, because i'm done posting help knowing it it can all go away overnight. What a waste.
    I kind of interpreted the response to be more a confirmation of what @JacksonGordon said, but translated to PR Speak.
  • HeyBishopHeyBishop Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    What's the best forum for Oculus developers? Especially for of novice coders. My impression is that Oculus doesn't hold this forum as a high priority. 
    Trinity
    edited April 9
    Yeah i'm going to be looking around now, no sense in continuing when this is what happens. Unfortunately i dont know any out there and reddit is a lousy option so might have to look into something else. This WAS the best resource for developing on the rift since the dk1, seriously shameful conduct to do this, especially at a time when support will be needed more than ever on quest development 
    NerveGear
    HeyBishop said:
    What's the best forum for Oculus developers? Especially for of novice coders. My impression is that Oculus doesn't hold this forum as a high priority. 
    I frequent the Unity forums since that's what I use. The VR-specific subforums are a bit light on traffic, but the members who do contribute there are very knowledgable and helpful. Can't offer any tips if you're using Unreal.

That said, I wouldn't want to drive anyone away from the Oculus forums. They can only become better if people with know-how stay to contribute, right?
    Trinity
    i'd agree, but whats the point if the contributions disappear due to "account issues" ?
    NerveGear
    I think some clarity from @NinjaGaijin would be helpful here. Were the posts deleted manually by Imperativity, or were they removed automatically (and unintentionally) when the account was deleted?
    The issue is purely technical. I apologize for the apprehension (understandable), but rest assured this will not happen again moving forward.

NerveGear