Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Your participation on the forum is subject to the Oculus Code of Conduct.

In general, please be respectful and kind. If you violate the Oculus Code of Conduct, your access to the developer forums may be revoked at the discretion of Oculus staff.

Timewarp broken in 1.35.0 ?

GilesGoatGilesGoat Posts: 133
Hiro Protagonist
Hi, I currently have two games published on Steam since some months, recently people updated to 1.35 and complained "everything does not work any more", the camera/tracking becomes all jittery/erratic and looks like "watching through a wobbly pudding". After re-compiling everything, upgrading the firmware/etc. I see exactly the same they see. I manage to track down the problem and seems this happens when I enable, in my code, the Timewarp feature. Now the difference with/without it, is minimal, visually "none", in code, little. My code more or less does "about the same" that is doing in OculusRoomTiny with the differences : 1. I use the "waitframe" method 2. I use FSAA ( so I have some more texture to resolve in ) The almost only differences between timewarp/non timewarp are that when I call : p = ovrMatrix4f_Projection(eyeRenderDesc[eyeIndex].Fov, zNear, zFar, ovrProjection_None); there's also an #ifdef DO_TIMEWARP posTimewarpProjectionDesc = ovrTimewarpProjectionDesc_FromProjection(p, ovrProjection_None); proj = Matrix4(p); #endif and a bit later on : #ifndef DO_TIMEWARP ovrLayerEyeFov ld = {}; ld.Header.Type = ovrLayerType_EyeFov; ld.Header.Flags = 0; #else ovrLayerEyeFovDepth ld = {}; ld.Header.Type = ovrLayerType_EyeFovDepth; ld.Header.Flags = 0; ld.ProjectionDesc = posTimewarpProjectionDesc; ld.SensorSampleTime = sensorSampleTime; #endif For the rest "the main cycle is the same", it was all working before this latest update now it doesn't. Any suggestions what I should look at ? Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• GilesGoatGilesGoat Posts: 133
    Hiro Protagonist
    I am still getting well nuts trying to understand what's going on here, it was all working fine before.

It seems "all goes bad in here" :

{
                 ovrMatrix4f p = ovrMatrix4f_Projection(eyeRenderDesc[eyeIndex].Fov, zNear, zFar, ovrProjection_None);
                 posTimewarpProjectionDesc = ovrTimewarpProjectionDesc_FromProjection(p, ovrProjection_None);
    }

if I leave posTimewarpProjectionDesc as = {} I suppose that's equivalent to say "there's no timewarp" so all goes ok.

I even had a look and tried to replicate "locally" what ovrTimewarpProjectionDesc_FromProjection() does, that are some really simple calculations ending up in those :

res.Projection22,res.Projection23,res.Projection32

But it's all wrong, it's like those params are not what it expects or something else something goes wrong, the image seems all time to jitter and at some point even 'explodes' going in all sorts of things.

I really need some help here.

Cheers.

• thewhiteambitthewhiteambit Posts: 282
    Art3mis
    edited April 13
    Yes, the new ASW breaks everything, because it was implemented by retards not knowing what they were doing. Sorry, can't say it anymore in any other way. See my rant in the other thread.

Oculus: THIS HAS TO STOP! STOP BREAKING WORKING API AGAIN AND AGAIN WITHOUT EVEN THE POSSIBILITY TO DISABLE BAD AND FALSE IMPLEMENTED FEATURES LIKE THE NEW ASW!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/74821/stupid-new-asw-breaks-everything